|GeneTheatre automated desktop liquid handling system with 12 deck positions
- Automated and flexible desktop liquid handling system
- Highly reproducible and precise pipetting, dispensing and mixing
- Modern servomotors provide fast, quiet operation
- Enclosed in a robust plexiglass housing with front sliding door
- Capacity ranges from 0.5 μL to 1000 μL
- Interchangeable heads with 1 or 8 channels
- Definable sample configurations
- 12 selectable deck positions in standard 96 well SBS format
- Different waste box systems for used tips
- Accommodates use of external equipment, such as mixers, thermal mixers or vacuum chambers
- Optional UV lamp available
- Piercing function
The GeneTheatre's automated capabilities greatly simplify a wide range of laboratory pipetting, dispensing and mixing tasks. In
addition to microplate handling, this highly flexible workstation also
accommodates the use of strips, single vessels and glass slides. Users
may choose from any of 12 desk positions in standard SBS 96-well format.
The GeneTheatre is perfectly suited for the use of external devices such as thermal mixers,
heating or cooling plates and vacuum stations. A logical cable layout
and RS232/USB port makes it possible to equip the system with external
devices at any time. In addition, the GeneTheatre can be adapted to
specific applications. Single and 8 channel heads are available and a simple mechanism allows users to quickly change heads
without any tools.
A range of pipetting heads and tips give the GeneTheatre a pipetting range from 0.5 uL to 1000 µL. Pipetting results, even for
complex liquid handling tasks, are highly consistent and precise. Users
may also integrate new plastic products into the software in only a few
steps with the calibration wizard and modern servomotors simplify
the robot learning process and eliminate the time-consuming
process of entering coordinates.
A large range of different
adapters and passive cooling blocks makes it possible to position the
necessary consumables directly on the deck area of the GeneTheatre. The
closed housing and two-piece front sliding door all but eliminate
potential contamination. In the event that contamination does arise,
however, the optional UV lamp allows users to decontaminate
the unit quickly and easily.
The highly versatile GeneTheatre can be used for a wide range of applications including:
- Preparing whole PCR and real-time PCR batches
- Reformatting microplates in 96, 384 and 1536 formats
- Dispensing or distributing reagents
- Running automated dilution series
- Hit-picking and sample pooling
- Running microarray applications with freely selectable spot layouts and dots (starting at 0.5 µL)
- Performing mother-daughter plate transfers and single-tube transfers (0.2-2.0 mL)
applications require different numbers of tips which is why the
GeneTheatre has an intelligent waste box system that allows the user to
choose whether used tips are discarded into a box on the work desk or
into a box outside of the housing.
GeneTheatre operating system uses a clearly structured and easy-to-learn
user interface. Predefined pipetting and dispensing parameters allow
users to set up different liquid handling routines quickly. For more
complicated runs users may also adjust a number of different
parameters such as velocity, correction capacity, and approach
height. Saved procedures can always be used again and be adjusted for
different sample throughput rates.
here to download a PDF brochure describing the GeneTheatre or here
for a technical data sheet. Contact
Discovery for pricing.